So much of the joy of getting a present lies in the mystery and anticipation of what it is. Thoughtful wrapping can make the occasion as special and memorable as the present itself. With so many options, creative and in/expensive, this is That’s So Gloss’ go-to guide for wrapping it right, and well, beautifully.
1. If the store offers to wrap your presents free of charge, go for it! They often let you choose the paper from their range. Ask you can get free sheets of wrapping paper complementary, if you’ve made a purchase and wish to wrap it yourself. But be prepared for a “no” too. Either way, you should personalize it at least a little bit- with an accessory or card.
2. If you don’t have wrapping paper, get some! They come in handy all year round. Cupcakes and Cashmere has an interesting post on making your own DIY wrapping station.
3. Make your own wrapping paper! Brown paper, old (but clean) newspaper, maps, aluminium foil (we know!) and pretty handmade paper, when combined with the right ribbons, stickers, pretty buttons, old jewellery and other creative embellishments, make for the most beautiful wrapping.
4. Make a cute gift bag- you can use your DIY gift bag instead of the wrapping paper. Fill it with lovely, colourful tissues.
5. Finish with a handmade card- for that personal touch. No matter who the gift is for, a sweet, sincere message celebrating the occasion and your relationship is always appreciated.
Picture Courtesy: weheartit.com